Swag...everyone loves to receive it
Whether it be welcoming new hires into their dream job, thanking customers for their loyalty, celebrating a community milestone, or engaging event attendees, when done right, swag is the glue that bonds brands together with the people that matter to them.
But no one enjoys putting this stuff together...
The $30 billion branded swag supply chain is a complete mess, filled with too many products, too many intermediaries, too little quality control, and not enough technology.
SwagUp is disrupting the industry by streamlining the end to end supply chain and making it available through a single platform utilizing powerful APIs and interfaces (e.g. dashboard). As the fastest growing swag company, we have made great strides towards our mission of eliminating the friction in the swag creation and distribution process. BUT we’ve just begun to scratch the surface…
And that’s where YOU come in…
We are searching for a Deputy General Counsel who’s comfortable working in a start-up remote environment, craves the challenge of building a legal function from the ground up and thrives in chaotic environments. Reporting to our CFO, this person will ensure we always operate within the law, offer counsel on legal issues while facilitating the business’s strategies development. The successful candidate will provide legal compliance and limit risk exposure, contributing from a strategic and operational approach that supports our growth.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to leadership on various matters, ensuring SwagUp’s business strategies, risk management policies and programs are developed in a legally sound manner.
- Lead all aspects of SwagUp’s legal matters including, but not limited to, general corporate matters and commercial contracts; privacy and data security matters; employment and litigation matters; IP and technology licensing; compliance and international; mergers and acquisitions; and legal operations.
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, clients)
- Draft and review agreements with a focus to minimize risk/liability and maximize legal rights
- Manage complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Maintain working knowledge of current legislative changes
- Proven Deputy general counseling experience in business environment (high growth or startup environment)
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, labor law, etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how business operates with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an asset
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Reduce outside counsel billing hours and insurance premiums with compliance
- Set up Corporate Governance and Compliance in all departments and business aspects: HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Tech, Design
- Negotiate favorable MSAs with clients and vendors
- Increase in Enterprise Clients due to compliance clearance
- Wake up each morning proud of the place you work and the amazing companies you get to partner with
- Join the team at a time when you can help shape the future of the company
- Unlimited PTO, we are all adults, you’re in control
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Lots of swag!
- A performance culture that rewards results and promotes those that perform, quickly
- Equipment provided to set up a successful work environment
- Engaging Team-building activities to make a remote-first workforce feel connected
- Being part of an organization that truly believes in promoting from within, at SwagUp your growth potential is uncapped!
Salary Range: $175,000 - $225,000
SwagUp welcomes and celebrates talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly correlated to our people, and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of the companies we partner with. As an organization, we strive to foster an inclusive, diverse environment where we all work towards a common goal! #tothemoon